If you are stuck at the Validating Login screen and are unable to progress to play the game, or you can't login, here are the things you need to try.
- Check the home page, http://www.MechQuest.com/ to see if there are important announcements, such as 'Server Offline for Maintenance.'
- Try logging into the Manage Your Account page to make sure that your user name and password are correct.
- Click on the Play button from the home page, http://www.MechQuest.com/, to make sure that you are connecting to a live game server.
- Don't use any cheat program to login! They can cause problems, and your account can be permanently disabled for doing so!
If none of the above work, you need to try the following steps.
- Clear your temporary internet files
For help with Firefox, please visit http://www.mozilla.org/
For help with Opera, please visit http://www.opera.com/
For help with Safari, please visit http://www.apple.com/safari/
For help with Camino, please visit http://caminobrowser.org/
For help with Netscape, please visit http://browser.netscape.com/
For help with AOL, please visit http://downloads.channel.aol.com/browser
For help with Internet Explorer, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx
- Completely close out all browsers and restart your computer and then try to play again.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Flash plug-in for your web browser.
- Try connecting on a different day of the week or time of day than you normally do.
- Try using a different web browser. Try Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera if you are able to install them all.
- Scan your computer for any viruses, spyware, trojan software or ad-ware.
- Try temporarily turning off your Anti-Virus software, Anti-Spyware, Parental Controls, Firewalls, etc. Some of these can block the Flash plug-in.
- Turn off anything else that might be interfering with your connection to the game servers. This includes any software or extra configuration that your ISP may have provided for you to speed up your net connection.
If the above does not help, then try the following steps. These will not help you on your own computer, but will help narrow down the problem. If you can play your character from a different computer, then the problem is definitely specific to your own computer or internet connection.
- Try using a different computer at your home, school library or office. This needs to be a computer close to where you usually play from.
- Try using a different computer at a friend's house, or anywhere else where you know the other person uses a different ISP to connect to the Internet.
If that does not work and you are still not seeing a recently updated area of the game, it means that your ISP (or school, work, or library network) is also caching (storing a copy) of the game files on their network.
When this happens, instead of loading the new game files from our game server, you get an older stored copy from your ISP or network.
ISP's usually clear out their storage on a schedule. Usually once a day, but we have heard of some that store files for a long time.
If you have tried all of these steps and you still are having problems, please send us an email. In the email, specify your browser, the exact problems that you are having, and what you have done to try and solve the problem.
If you have not tried ALL of the above steps, we will require you to do them before we can offer any other solutions. Again, 99% of the problems are solved by clearing your temporary internet files and restarting your computer.
Click here to send us an email.
Back to Help