Again, long time no see. Hope all of you enjoyed the spooky day yesterday and the new decorated town along with the new NG head. It is the first part of the new Frankie - set, shoulders and arms will follow. It´s about time to give one of my favourite Mechas an update. I loved the Mecha when we released him years ago and it has still good specials and the coolest walk animation.
But now to the specials of the already released head and the weapons to come:
Numbers in brackets are SC, SC players have a higher chance for special activation when mentioned.
Head: ---> NG only
- NG only - starts with 125% damage - general damage boost of +40% for 5 turns - double EP DoT, stays til end of fight - enemy defense nerf of 60 for 5 turns - Damage NoT of -5% per turn for 5 turns
- CD goes to 2 - SC only: starts with 120% damage - Hit 1: chance for a crit, damages also EP with 35% of damage done - Hit 2: chance for a crit, heals player EP with 20% of damage done - Hit 3: chance for a crit, when NG head is equipped and the EP DoT is active, increases DoT damage by 33% with every successful hit, stacking, caps at 330%
- CD goes to 2 - alternating damage boost of +25% per use, stacks, caps at 250% - enemy BtH nerf of 6 (8) per hit, stacking, caps at 50% - normal (1.5 time) HP DoT, stays til end of fight, when NG head is equipped and the HP DoT is active, increases DoT damage by 33% with every successful hit, stacking, caps at 330%
SC only: For every equipped weapon, Mecha gets a BtH boost of 10, when all 5 are equipped, boost goes to 75.
And once agsin Real Life calls, this time Real Life is my mother.
Hope you guys have a lot of fun and you enjoy the new Frankie parts and MQ!
News from blues! This morning, I got a transmission from blues!
Long time no see :P
We all are pretty busy with the upcoming events and here are some news from behind the scenes.
Our Mecha buffing project is ongoing and next buff will go to the Hospital Mechas. Specials are ready, they just need coding and some testing. Next one on my list is the Westion Sheriff Mecha.
All the promised buffs for the Promo Mechas are also ready and await coding. They will be significantly better and I´m sure you´ll like them. You will see better damage, lower or even no rolls and some additional specials.
Next major project are the new House Mechas. I already have a plan and I´m working currently on the raw specials so that we can discuss them next week. The main themes will stay the same. Wolfs will be offensive with high damage, Hawks will be a defensive powerhouse with lower damage and Ravens are somewhere in between with more ranged attacks. Power will be around SCMM standard so quite good. It´s not possible to balance them exactly because they have different themes. So, when you love hard hitting Machines with a lot of damage, then Wolfblade should be your first choice. And when you are more the chilling player who loves to have a good defense and nerf his enemies Runehawk is the House for you. In case your undecided, then Mystraven is always a good choice.
I talked with Vivi this week and both of us can´t wait to create the new House Mechas.
Aaaaand... better late than never (but I already did this via MSN) : Happy Anniversary Vivi!
I can´t believe that you are already coding for one year!
Working with Vivi is really fun and he always finds a way to get all my fancy ideas working. Kudos to him and all the best for the next Year!
That´s all from me for now.
Enjoy playing MQ, your weekend and as always: Have fun!
Thanks, bluesy! And three cheers for Vivi!
Tonight's release brings you new Front Arm weapons in Joey's Salvage Quest. There are never-before-seen weapons for all players of all tiers, and along with the usual gamble there is a grand one: in some of the tiers, you have the rare chance to Salvage the ultra-powerful Nova Gem BallDrop Mace!
Mogloween Mecha! Korin asked me whether we had told you that there is a new mecha in the works for this year's Mogloween event ... and I don't think I've said a single word about it yet! Thyton drew another amazing one - I hear good things about it - I mean, it sounds awesome - it brings sweet music to my ears... I imagine it to be hauntingly beautiful, though I wouldn't want it to hit a sour note... anyway, enough of that, haha! Korin got a head start on setting it up and he's sent it off to Arklen to add some of his cool attack animations. You'll want to stock up on credits and you might even want to grab some Nova Gems for this new Holiday Rare Mecha!
More Mogloween News: This year's event integrates the new Starship Trick-or-Treating-styled feature into the continuing Planet Mortis holiday storyline. If you are a qualifying Star Captain, or are able to become one by Thursday the 27th of October 6:30 PM Eastern time (Server Time), then you will be able to give players from all over the world (or, should I say, the multiverse) the chance to visit your Starship! Head on over to the MechQuest Forums, see whether you qualify (Nigel needs to give you approval), and post your Character ID Number and Character Name http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19701667
Lyris has already put together a fantabulous animated intro cutscene and is working on more, I'm working on writing and laying the groundwork coding for the Starship Trick-or-Treating and other quests (and Korin & Vivi will help get them functional and refined) and Minar has been designing cool new Starship Items! (Don't let me forget to make an Action Figure of the new mecha, ok?) We are all really excited about this year's Mogloween!
So if you are a Star Captain, have fun decorating your Starship - and don't forget, everyone still gets the Anniversary XP and Credits Bonus in battle this week so that you can stock up on credits for the Mogloween Event rewards!
Probably you noticed that I´ve been veeeeery quiet for weeks, that´s because I had a looooong vacation. Once a year I always take a break and visit Crete, my favourite Greek island. This time I´ve been there for 5 weeks. 5 weeks seem to be a long time but they feel a lot less when you meet good friends and you enjoy everything. After 1 week you start to relax, after 3 weeks you think you had enough rest to go back to work, and after 4 weeks you start to think "Work? Why?". So, after 5 weeks I was completely relaxed, used to having vacation, used to have my morning walk, go to the beach, swim in the sea, make siesta, go running, prepare for a nice Cretan dinner, talk with friends.... yes, friends, it´s very important to have friends. Some of mine live not too far away, but we seldom manage to meet us at home, but we meet each other on Crete, which is fantastic. This time 2 good friends from England were surprisingly also 2 weeks there so we had a fantabulous time every evening! Not to forget my friend Nicole from Switzerland. I know her now since 16 years. And of course Apostolis whom I know now 20 years and a lot of others from all over the world!
I really love the sunny weather in Crete. You can plan your days because the weather will be good for sure. Not like here in Germany where it rains now since 2 weeks nearly every day. And of course sitting outside til 1 in the morning, eating excellent food and enjoying excellent company. When you like Greek food, then try some of my favourite dishes: Melitzanosalata, dolmadakia, tiropitakia, tzatziki, skordalia, kokkinisto or keftedes me makkaronia.
Greek people are very pollite and nice, at least all the ones I met and meet, just the language is very complicated. While everybody understands even the most broken English none will understand your Greek when you don´t know the grammar. I started to learn Greek some years ago and now I can talk a bit. Not too much but enough and Greek people are pleased when you speak some Greek.
Here in Germany, people seem always to be stressed and most of them are quite unfriendly, in Crete it´s quite different.
The first thing I always recognize when leaving the plane is the smell of Crete. You smell a mixture of thyme, oregano, salt water.... it´s great.
So,when you have time, visit Crete, and if you are Greek, well, invite me :P
Now I´m back to my normal schedule and slowly I´m getting used to it. Also my handball team starts to prepare for the next season so I´m quite busy again. I hope you like the specials of the heads I made last week and this week some nice Shoulder weapons will follow.
Another thing I´m working on are the specials for the new *guesswhat* and I´m sure you´ll love them.
Ok, hope you liked my little vacation report.
Take care, enjoy every day and have a lot of fun!!!!!
And here come the specials of all the new Weapons:
Yokai war reward Heads
NSC (Gong series)
- 120% damage - chance for -20 BtH - chance for a general damage boost of 25% for 5 turns
SC (Sugegasa series)
- 130% damage - chance for -30 BtH - chance for a general damage boost of 30% for 5 turns
NG (Acu-Puncture series)
- 140% damage - chance for -35 BtH - chance for a general damage boost of 35% for 5 turns - chance for a 1.5 time HP DoT - chance for -40 defense for 5 turns
Final Fight on Yokai (NSC,SC,NG)
Head (Beard Fist)
- 1.2 (1.3,1.5) times damage - general damage boost of 20 (25,30) for 5 turns - +20 (25,30) accuracy
Shoulder (Rocket Boot)
- chance for 1.1 (1.2,1.3) times damage - chance for a crit --> NG>SC>NSC - -20 (-25, -30) accuracy for 5 turns
Arm (Finger Zapper)
- chance for 1.1 (1.2, 1.3) times damage - chance for a crit --> NG>SC>NSC - chance for a guaranted stun --> NG>SC>NSC - -30 (-40,-50) defense for 3 turns
And not to forget our new Promo Item the BOOMBOX Thats a boombastic BS Weapon It comes with NG DPT and a CD of 2. - increased damage for both Hits - Hit 1: +40 Acc, -40 Def - Hit 2: chance for a crit, chance for -40 Acc
this sounds already sweet but now comes the boomtastic extra special:
50/50 chance for an extra Hit
- chance for -30% damage for 4 turns - chance for a crit - chance for a guaranted stun
I hope you like all the new Equipment delivered to you by your MQ Team! As always.....
Banana - BS - Increasing damage for every Hit - Hit 1: chance for a damage boost for this hit - Hit 2: chance to get no damage the next turn - Hit 3: chance for a crit
SC and NG versions have higher damage and lower rolls.
Soul Nuke NSC and FS: - 1.2 times damage - chance for a defense BoT, +10 for 3 turns - chance for a defense NoT, -10 for 3 turns
Tengu Wing SC/NG, BS: (=NG) - Increased damage - Hit 1: chancefor acc BoT, +15 (+18) per turn, 3 turns - Hit 2: chance for acc NoT, -15 (-18) per turn, 3 turns - chance roll for an extra Hit. Gives additional a normal HP DoT for 3 turns
Here are the specials for the MAY SCMM, the AC-490
All specials are on Hit
Head: AC-490 Lazer Charger - CD=5 (2 hits)
- Normal HP DoT* ---> increasing damage by +15% per turn - Normal EP DoT* ---> increasing damage by +10% per turn *Note: starts at the normal DoT for the mecha's actual base level, and increases as stated. both DoT´s don´t wear off
Body: Kick of Steel - CD=5 (1 hit)
- Enemy defense NoT. Starting with -8 and increases by -8 every turn doesn´t wear off
FA: Steel Bastion - CD=3 (2 hits)
- Player defense BoT. Starting with +8, increases by +8 every turn doesn´t wear off. Hit 1 - chance for a critical hit.
BA: AC-490 Tri-Blade - CD=3 (1 hit)
- enemy damage NoT. Starting with -10, increases by 10 every turn. lasts only 3 turns
I´m back from my faboulotastic Vacation and here are the specials for the new Weapons: Dragon Fury (4 Hits) - FA - NG
Increasing damage for every Hit
- Hit 1: chance for a 1.5 HP DoT, 3 turns - Hit 2: cance for a Def NoT, -20 per turn, 3 turns - Hit 3: chance for a BtH NoT, -20 per turn, 3 turns - Hit 4: chance for a crit
Straw Hat (1 Hit) - Head - SC
- Def BoT, +10 per turn, 5 turns - chance for a Damage buff, roll between 40 and 70% - chance for a damage reduce NoT, 5 turns, -8% per turn - chance for an increasing EP DoT, starts with normal DoT damage and increases by 25% then for 3 turns. Adds +25% to the last damage done.
Scroll Beam (2 Hits) - FS - NSC
- Hit 1: chance for a damage boost for this hit, roll between 40 and 60% - Hit 2: chance for a crit
Snake Master (2 Hits) - FA - NG,SC,NSC
SC and NG versions have increased damage for both Hits
- Hit 1: chance for a crit, additional chance for an increased HP DoT - Hit 2: chance for a crit, additional chance for an increased EP DoT
NG version has* an additional Damage NoT on Hit 2, -10 for 3 turns.
*Maegwyn tells me that the Damage NoT for the NG version doesn't look like it's happening right now - or else she's very unlucky. So if this special isn't happening on the NG Arm yet, don't worry - it will get added soon!
As promised, here are the specials for the Morehawk:
FA (1 Hit) CD=2
- Increasing damage with every activation, alternating with BA
BA (2 Hits) CD=2
- Increasing damage with every activation, alternating with FA
Arms start with 1.2 times damage. Every activation gives +10% damage, caps at 200%!
Shoulders (2 Hits) CD=2
- 1.5 times damage - Hit 2: chance for a crit
Head (4 Hits) CD=5
all specials activate on Hit
- increasing damage for every Hit - Hit 1: BtH BoT for 5 turns, starting with +10 BtH (10/20/30/40/50) - Hit 2: chance for a crit - Hit 3: Damage BoT for 5 turns, starting also with +10 (10/20/30/40/50) - Hit 4: chancel for a crit
Body (3 Hits) CD=5
- increasing damage for every Hit - Hit 1: optical sensors damaged BtH NoT for 5 turns, starting with -5 (5/10/15/20/25) - Hit 2: armor damaged Defense NoT for 5 turns, starting with -10 (10/20/30/40/50) - Hit 3: stun for 1 round (guaranted)
For this weekend there is another new BackShoulder Weapon, the Shadow Pulse Laser (NG, 4 Hits, CD=3) It comes with an increased damage output when a ShS unit is detected. Besides this it does:
- Increasing damage for every Hit - Hit 1: chance for a crit - Hit 2: chance for +40 BtH - Hit 3: chance for a 1.25 time EP drain DoT. Does 1.25 times damage and drains the amount - Hit 4: chance for a crit
When you have EP problems, this is the Weapon for you.
Have fun and as Korin used to say: Tell your friends to play MQ.
Enjoy your weekend
Here are the Stats for the new war reward Shoulders. Shadow Proton (SC, CD=3) against non ShS enemies: 1.25 times damage against ShS enemies: starts with +40 BtH initial - increasing damage for every hit - all hits have a decreasing chance for a crit - Hit 1: chance for a 1.5 time HP Dot, additional chance for +15 general damage boost - Hit 2: chance for a 1.5 time EP Dot, additional chance for +15 general damage boost,stacking to 30 - Hit 3: -35 enemy BtH - Hit4: - 35 enemy defense
Shadow Laser (NSC, CD=3) against non ShS enemies: 1.25 times damage against ShS enemies: - 1.5 times damage, initial +30 BtH - chance for -20 enemy BtH and defense - chance for a HP DoT - chance for -20 enemy damage - chance for +20 general damage boost
There you go. Have fun with your brand new anti-ShS Shoulders!
- Hit 1: chance for -40 enemy BtH - Hit 2: chance for -30 damage - Hit 3: chance for -50 enemy defense - Hit 4: chance for a crit
and it´s got an additional special: when all 4 Hits connect, it has a chance for an increasing HP DoT. Starts as normal DoT and increases every turn by 10% damage. Stays the whole fight. Doesn´t this sound fantastic?
And not to forget, once you reach 25% you will unlock the first shop which contains a NG Shoulder: (CD=3)
Against non ShS enemies it just does 1.25 times damage. Now you may think this is weak.... well, test it against ShS enemies:
Weapon starts with +50 BtH against ShS enemies Increasing damage for every Hit
- Hit 1: chance for -40 enemy BtH - Hit 2: chance for a double HP DoT - Hit 3: chance for +40 defense - Hit 4: chance for a crit and additional chance for an extra Hit
Does this sound sweet or does this sound sweet? Crushing ShS enemies never was soooo sweet as with this Weapon. More to come....
A bit late but here the specials for the new NUBERTRON:
Head: 1 hit laser (CD 5)
- enemy level nerf, roll between 3 and 7 levels, 100% activation on hit doesnt wear off of course - +20 BtH ) - -15 enemy def - -15 enemy BtH
effects last 5 turns
Shoulders: 1 Hit laser (CD 0)
No additional special! Combo with head and arms --> high crit chance!
FA: 3 Hits machine gun (CD 3)
- increasing damage
BA: 1 Hit flame thrower (CD 3)
- chancel for a 1.5 time HP DoT , lasts 3 turns
Now the specials for all Weapons:
Each Weapon gives +LUK temporary additional. . Each Weapon starts with a 30% crit chance. Adding +10% crit per activation. When you break the chain with a non default Weapon, defaults go back to 30% crit and start from there again.
bzzzzt Maegwyn breaks in That's how it's supposed to work indeed! But Nuberizing does some realllly strange stuff sometimes, like in the Diner Challenges and in Stat Training... Also, if you're low-level ... Nuberizing your opponent doesn't always quite work as intended. It doesn't just make him a n00ber - it makes him into a wet nooodle! Look at him crosseyed and he'll fall over... Also sometimes the combo isn't quite right. So yeah, we're working on these Gremlins.
bzzzzt back over to blues
And the brand new Choco BunZ promo item (FS):
Hit 1: chance for a crit, chance for a HP/EP DoT Hit 2: chance for a crit, chance for a HP/EP DoT Hit 3: chance for a crit, chance for a HP/EP DoT
You can get 3 DoT´s, lasting 3 turns. CD of the Weapon is 3. It purges all existing DoT´s!
And the new Weapons:
CD = 3, effects last 3 turns.
We have a NSC, SC and NG Weapon this Friday for you. All have the same special but the effects are better: NG > SC > NSC
They get a damage increasing DoT which has an increasing chance to crit. Sounds not too special.... well, you must test them to get a feeling for this amazing new special. :)