|August 16, 2013|
Toast and Coffee and stuff
Star Date: 16 August, 3013
Nova Gems! To recap the note from Artix and add some details: If you have logged in within the past month, you have been awarded 250 Nova Gems - and 1000 additional Nova Gems have been awarded to all Star Captains! Did you just send in a payment for an upgrade & missed it? If your payment method is not instant (bank-transfer or snail-mail or other delayed types) we will be on the lookout for yours. We'll scan again (thanks to Captain Rhubarb) in 7 days and we will monitor snail-mail upgrades for the next 3 weeks to be sure you new Star Captains all receive the thank-you gift!
Toast and Coffee! With all these new Nova Gems we're giving you for free this weekend, if you weren't already saving up for something, you probably want some awesome new items to pick up. Minar has drawn & animated in record time to bring you this series. Soluna Main is where you'll find the shops with the new Toaster Arm and the coffeemaker & toaster Starship Items.
Toaster Arm Weapon: The Level 1 version has a very special bonus, which is the reason for its pricing level. If you plan to upgrade in the future, or if you are already a Star Captain, this is the version in which you should invest. When you become a Star Captain (or immediately, if you have already upgraded), the "Turbo Toaster SC100" will automatically level with you to level 100! We also have non-scaling versions at levels 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 for normal Nova Gem pricing at those levels. Vivi is coding the specials that blues designed for these as I write, and here's the rundown:
Hit 1: 40% damage, heals back HP with half of damage done
Hit 2: 50% damage, reduces stun res by 75 only for this turn
Hit 3: 60% damage, tries to stun
Hit 4: 70% damage, damages also EP with half of damage done
Fixing Things As We Go Along:
- Korin has been working on the Westion areas, and he's got Chapter 1 all set up and it works fine. He says, "I've also added lots of things to make it easier to follow. I also intend to add hidden-persistent rolls to the hidden rolls in the reputation and bounty hunting quests." Basically, the arrows pointing to warp pads (areas that teleport you to a new area, like through a door for example) will spawn when you reach the proper progression within certain quests. Then, if you have met all the prerequisites, the arrow will glow, pointing you in the direction you need to go.
- Arthurian & Pirate Uniforms: Forum member DarkLore, who also is active on Twitter, pointed out that it has been impossible to get the Arthurian uniform after completing the Lagos missions. I'm very grateful for the reminders, and when the release rolls live you will be able to get the Pirate and Arthurian uniforms at Laser Eye for the Space Guy (Maria5's shop) in Soluna East after completing the required Lagos missions!
In the Upcoming Weeks:
- There's a rumor going around on Twitter that you can Punch Practel - and I doubt that's just going to slide under the radar. This Could Mean WAR???
- You haven't heard the last from Planet Gark yet!
- Did you think Liath was forgotten? Oh no. It's still being developed! There will be more to discover as time goes on.
Thank you so much for playing MechQuest! We love bringing you updates - and we've got a lot planned!
Tags: Maegwyn Arthuria Toast Coffee Nova Gems Star Captains